A-Level Pedagogy and Technology
Developing A-level pedagogy and use of technology
Type: Work Group For: All A-Level teachers
Time: 4 x 2 hour online, after school, twilight sessions. One full day session during Summer term.
Cost: Free of charge
Enhancing the quality of teaching and the conceptual understanding of students through effective development of pedagogy and technology in the teaching of A-level mathematics.
This group offers extended professional development for teachers or leaders of A-level maths teaching around the overarching themes and technology of the new A-level maths specification.
A-level pedagogy and use of technology focus
- Support for the effective development of pedagogy in the teaching of A-level mathematics
- Enhance the quality of teaching and the conceptual understanding of students
- Develop and sustain regional communities of good practice
- Establish regular and strong collaboration between teachers in developing pedagogy in their teaching of A-level mathematics.
Expectations of participants and their schools
Participating schools will gain insight into methods of teaching and learning for the new A-level specification. They will form a strong community to offer each other support and guidance to help develop and share good practice. Use of technology will be embedded into student’s learning to improve understanding and support. The group will run over three half-days throughout the year. This group is particularly useful to those who have already completed other A-level subject knowledge and pedagogy courses (or similar) and are able to work with other colleagues in their own or other schools.
What will participants achieve?
- Know the content and requirements of the linear A-level mathematics.
- Understand the purpose of the overarching themes and their impact on teaching and learning in A-level mathematics, including use of technology.
- Be confident to teach aspects of the content (particularly mechanics and statistics).
- Plan sequences of lessons which meet the requirements of the linear A-level, including addressing the overarching themes and use of technology.
- Support colleagues in their own school/colleges in embedding themes from the group in their delivery of the linear A-level.
Whole school/departmental policies and approaches
- Have improved the capacity of staff to deliver A-level mathematics.
- Be able to prepare lessons that meet the requirements of the linear A-level including the overarching themes and the use of technology.
- Be able to demonstrate/communicate the links between mathematical topics within the linear A Level content.
- Have increased confidence in the reasoning / proof, problem-solving, modelling and use of calculator elements of assessment.
If you would like to participate on this programme, please complete our Expression of Interest form.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any further questions.